Sponsored by HANCI since 1972, Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) matches volunteers age 55 and older with exciting volunteer opportunities throughout Niagara County. RSVP volunteers help approximately 50 Niagara County not-for-profit, public agencies and organizations, donating over 80,000 hours of service each year. In becoming an RSVP volunteer, you will join more than 400 other citizens in using your skills and experience to meet critical needs throughout Niagara County.
The Benefits of RSVP
Volunteers are eligible to receive mileage reimbursement from their homes to their volunteer stations and back, or they can use their transportation expenses as a tax deduction. RSVP covers volunteers to and from and while they are volunteering with a supplemental insurance policy. Volunteers are also entitled to a free recognition luncheon if they have volunteered 48 hours or more during the program year. In addition, they receive appreciation gifts at the annual luncheon and are also invited to attend various appreciation events that are held throughout the year.
- Feed More WNY Home Delivered Meal Program
- Niagara County Historical Society
- Sister Loretta Soup Kitchen
- Lockport Elementary Schools
- Wilson Elementary School
Niagara Falls Area:
- Catellani Art Museum
- Habitat for Humanity
- Heart & Soul Food Pantry/Soup Kitchen
- Niagara Arts & Cultural Center (NACC)
- Niagara Falls Meals on Wheels
- Niagara Falls Elementary Schools
- Niagara Falls Memorial Medical Center
- Mount St. Mary’s Hospital
North Tonawanda Area:
- DeGraff Memorial Hospital
- Herschell Carrousel Factory Museum
- North Tonawanda Meals on Wheels
- North Tonawanda Elementary Schools
- North Tonawanda Inter-Church Food Pantry
- Riviera Theatre
Area of Need for Volunteers:
- Feed More WNY Home Delivered Meal Program (Click here to read more about Feed More: https://www.feedmorewny.org/ )
RSVP is federally funded through a continuation grant from the Corporation for National and Community Service. Additional funding comes from the New York State Office for the Aging, the United Way of Greater Niagara, and local contributions.
WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Is your community organization, church, or club looking to book presenters for the upcoming year? Give RSVP a call at (716) 285-8224 ext. 216 to schedule a free presentation on the local community’s needs and how you can help by volunteering.
For more information, call MaryBeth Kupiec at (716) 285-8224, ext. 216 or email Kupiec@hanci.com.
Pictures from RSVP’s 2019 Volunteer Appreciation Carnival-themed event: