The Council for Older Adults is made up of individual members, as well as, representatives from more than 25 senior clubs and groups across Niagara County. The COA offers many activities to help mature adults remain active, healthy and independent, including:
- Educational workshops and conferences
- Recreational and cultural events for seniors
- Telephone information and referrals
- Photo identification program
- Programs to encourage advance care planning
- Informative cable TV show, “Young at Heart”
- Community partnerships to promote wellness and fitness
Some recent events included the Annual Spring Conference & Luncheon, Niagara County Senior Walk in the Park, Bocce Tournament, and Amateur Art Exhibit.
The COA board meets at 1:00 p.m. at the Wheatfield Community/Senior Center on the first Monday of each month, with the exception of July and August. Funding comes from the Niagara County Office for the Aging.
For more information, please call Monica Barner, COA Coordinator, at (716) 285-8224.
COA Annual Summer Picnic: Monday, August 21st, 11 am to 2 pm, at Pine Woods Park in North Tonawanda. For More Information, click here: Picnic 2017 flyer