The Council for Older Adults (COA)* in Niagara County invites all Niagara County residents over age 55 to enter the COA Amateur Photography contest. Prizes will be awarded for the top three photos.
The theme for this year’s contest is: Living – Still. World renowned photographer, Dorothea Lange said, “Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still.” The COA invites all amateur photographers to use Living – Still as their inspiration.
“The theme can encompass anything–inanimate objects or living things,” says COA Coordinator, Monica Barner. “But most importantly, the theme means that older adults are still living, still creating, still learning and still sharing their gifts.”
- Each entrant may submit one
- Photographs must be submitted as an 8 x 10 print. Sorry, no slides.
- COA does NOT assume any responsibility for any entry submitted.
- Photos (with required entry form) may be submitted by mail or hand delivered to the offices at HANCI (COA) located at 1302 Main Street, Niagara Falls, NY All entries must be received by May 31, 2019. For questions or entry form request, call (716) 285-8224, ext. 215 or email: email@example.com.
- Photographs must be labeled on the back with name, address and phone number in order to be returned. Please DO NOT write directly on the back of the photo which may cause indentations in the picture.
- Finalists may be asked to submit model releases of recognizable subjects, signed by the person(s) appearing in the photograph.
- All photos submitted will be displayed at the Castellani Art Museum on the campus of Niagara University the week of June 17th. The contest will culminate in an Art Reception at the Castellani on Thursday, June 20th. 2019.
- Contest is not open to employees of the COA and their immediate families
For more information, please call Monica Barner at 285-8224, ext. 215 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
** The Council for Older Adults in Niagara County (COA) promotes and coordinates public and private programs that support and safeguard the independence and well-being of our senior population and is funded by the Niagara County Office for the Aging.
CLICK HERE FOR PHOTO CONTEST FLYER: